clipcube

clipcube

Postby remo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:45 pm

I still use the first release 0.2.1 of Clipcube.
When the new beta came out (0.3 and later) I didn't like it.

Now I downloaded the latest release 1.2.
I like it more but there are still things which I don't like. Hope you don't mind if I write them in this message:

Notes Editor
--------------
- I miss the "pin" symbol in the note editor.
- I would like to see the editor always but when I do a search or go to scratchpad or links and go back to clipboard, the editor is gone again. (maybe you can add a symbol in the topbar to pin the editor).
- I don't like very much the new colors. They are too gray. It almost seems a java application.
- I would like to change to use the CTRL-C key to copy a note to the clipboard in ClipCube notes.
- I would like to avoid the "Remove .. note?" confirmation message, when I use the CTRL-K or DEL key.

Direct paste window
-----------------------
I like the direct paste window (not the gray colors).
- I always try to move this window dragging the top bar but it does move only when I drag the left side-bar.
- I would like to see in the direct paste window also the possibility to delete notes using the CTRL-K and DEL key.
- I prefer to double click the entries to do a direct paste (and not single click them).

Forgot to write you that I like the new UTF-8 mode.

Thanks.
Remo
remo

Re: clipcube

Postby zod » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Thank you for your post!

Your points are noted, we think that the user experience could be improved still. We are working on just that, among other things.

As for the auto-hiding editor, the hiding can be turned off in Preferences in the current version.

The note-delete confirmation dialog is now optional in the development version.

We integrated the direct paste window functionality back into the main window as a separate command, scrapping the paste window. It seems to work out really well, feels solid, and doesn't need duplicating functionality; probably it will stay this way.
zod
Site Admin

Postby remo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:05 am

thank you Zod,

Can I download the development version?
I can't find it on your website.
remo

Postby zod » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 pm

With the next site upgrade we'll add an early releases section, it's been long planned. It should come around soon!
zod
Site Admin

Return to Help & discussion