Toggle Paste Mode

Toggle Paste Mode

Postby Davey126 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Hello, I feel a bit foolish posting this question as likely has an obvious answer that I am just not seeing. What is the function of the "Toggle Paste Mode" button? I did do a bit of experimentation and saw different results but couldn't tie those back to a specific feature. Thanks in advance for your help!
Davey126

Re: Toggle Paste Mode

Postby zod » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Hello!

If Paste Mode is on, then activating a note (double-clicking on it or pressing Enter) will paste the note's contents in the text box that is selected in an application. So if you need to paste many things in succession, it is easier this way.

In the current Dev version, this paste mode is mid-way to completion, and not obvious enough. In ClipCube 1.2, there is a separate window for direct pasting with a somewhat limited interface. The goal with the Dev version (and the main difference with 1.2) is to integrate this separate window's functionality into the main window, to be able to navigate between and see all notes as you would normally do, in the same interface.

When you enter paste mode, the original window size and position is saved, and restored when coming out of it. This is to preserve the aspect of the separate window that it can be minimal and opened under the cursor when needed, and the normal mode is unaffected. This is why, as you can see in the recently posted video, I made it so the window can be resized very small without affecting usability. There are a few more building blocks to this under development, including the ability to "pin" tags which are promoted in paste mode.

Thanks for the question, the feature is a bit confusing right now so don't feel foolish for asking. I hope the next version, when it finally arrives, will erase the confusion.

Regards,
zod
zod
Site Admin

Return to Help & discussion